Parenting Great Kids Podcast - Episode 192
Kids and Transgender - What the Medical Data Shows, Part 2
with guests Irene Ericksen & Mary Anne Mosack
Hosted by Dr. Meg Meeker | February 14, 2023 | 44:49 min
Irene Ericksen is a Senior Research Associate at The Institute for Research & Evaluation, an agency known for its work evaluating school-based sex education for over 25 years. She is recognized internationally for her expertise in teen sexual risk prevention and has provided expert testimony to state, national, and international governmental bodies. She has recently completed a review of the research on key questions about gender identity confusion in adolescents.
Mary Anne Mosack is the President/CEO of Ascend, a national organization empowering youthto make healthy choices about sex, relationships, and marriage through SexualRisk Avoidance (SRA) education. She is a developer of Ascend’s nationallyrecognized Sexual Risk Avoidance Certification Course credentialing over 3,000 SRA educators across America.
In this episode, Dr. Meeker continues her discussion about transgender and kids with Irene Ericksen and Mary Anne Mosack.
Some Topics Covered:
- Kids who deal with gender confusion also are dealing with other issues, such as, autism, OCD, anxiety and depression.
- Most start the transgender process without treating the actual cause of why these kids are feeling this way.
- We need to treat the whole person and not just the problems.
- Biology plays a factor in procreation because we need both males and females to do so.
- Kids are being influenced in school and on the internet that they can be any gender orientation that they want to be in order to fit into today’s culture.
- Parent’s can stand up and fight this based on the information that is not backed up by facts.
- The curriculum schools use is not sanctioned by the government.
- Having respect for your child’s feelings and emotions can build the trust between you in order to address these hard topics.
- Praise your child/children for coming to you with any of their feelings, emotions, or discomfort.
- Five Major Points That Parent’s and Policy Makers should know:
1. Research evidence does not support medical intervention for transgender confused minors or children.
2. Medical transition procedures have not been shown to reduce teen suicide.
3. Childhood gender dysphoria usually dissipates on it’s own by adulthood.
4. The dramatic increase in gender dysphoria in the past decade is likely being driven by social influence.
5. Sex education for early elementary children, including content about transgender ideology has not been shown by scientific research to be beneficial.
FROM THE PRODUCER
Thanks for listening to Episode#192, Kids and Transgender – What the Medical Data Shows, Part 2 and for helping Dr. Meg’s parenting revolution reach more than FIVE MILLION downloads!
View More Episodes
Impossible To Keep Your Kids Off Social Media? Think Again.
Episode 201 | Nate Randle, CEO of Gabb Wireless, shares how to protect our kids from the negative effects of social media through kid-safe tech.
A Look Back at the Best of 200 Episodes
Episode 200 I Dr. Meeker has picked out some of her favorite shows from the past 7 years of podcasting. We will be playing clips of six episodes as we go down memory lane.
Episode 199 | Sarah Moore’s book, Peaceful Discipline: Story Teaching, Brain Science, & Better Behavior helps mitigate adults’ very real struggles, and gives them specific strategies that increase cooperation and connection with the children in their lives.
How to Build Trust Between You and Your Kids
Episode 198 | Dr. Henry Cloud is a clinical psychologist, pastor to pastors, and New York Times best-selling author. His 45 books, including the iconic Boundaries, have sold nearly 15 million copies worldwide.
Trading Our Fears for God’s Unshakeable Peace
Episode 197 | Katie Davis Majors is the bestselling author of Kisses from Katie and Daring to Hope. Katie is the founder of Amazima Ministries, an organization that desires to empower people in Uganda through authentic relationships, education, community strengthening, vocational training, and spiritual disciples
Helping Young Adults Launch
Episode 196 | Bruce Sheridan talks about how he is passionate about helping young adults plan and live an intentional and fulfilling life. Bruce coaches young adults to take responsibility for their relationships with God and their family/friends, what career to pursue and managing their money.