Parenting Great Kids Podcast - Episode 180
CRT, Sex Ed and Other School Issues
with guest Dr. Carol Swain
Hosted by Dr. Meg Meeker | October 11, 2022 | 35:32 min
Dr. Carol Swain
Dr. Carol Swain is a public speaker, entrepreneur, author, commentator, and former professor at Princeton and Vanderbilt universities. As the author or editor of eleven books, Dr. Swain is reaching the world with critical messages about our times. Her most recent books include Black Eye for America: How Critical Race Theory is Burning Down the House (Co-authored with Dr. Chris Schorr, 2021) and Countercultural Living: What Jesus Has to Say about Life, Marriage, Race, Gender, and Materialism (2021).
Being raised in abject poverty, Dr. Carol Swain pressed on, worked hard, and eventually received five degrees, becoming a professor in prestigious universities across the nation, whose work has been cited by the United States Supreme Court. Her story is one that portrays the true American spirit and dream. In this episode, Dr. Swain engages with Dr. Meg in an eye-opening discussion between two professionals, an African American and a Caucasian, whose conversation shines a fresh perspective on many important topics that our nation is facing today.
Some topics covered:
• How the Civil Rights Movement wasn’t just for black people
• Why CRT is divisive, demeaning to blacks, and a violation of the Civil Rights Act
• What is the birthdate of CRT? What does it argue? What are the effects on our children?
• The importance of good role models (who don’t always look like you)
• How the government is trying to create a dangerous, destructive artificial equality system
• The emphasis on indoctrinated social engineering in schools, rather than on reading, writing, math, history, science
• The differences that Dr. Swain saw in university students after 2012
• Gender dysphoria and sex education in our schools: Critical Queer Theory / Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Training
• Shaming and bullying kids who don’t go along with the narrative / friction and grievances that kids must endure
FROM THE PRODUCER
Thanks for listening to Episode #180, CRT, Sex Education & Other School Issues, and for helping Dr. Meg’s parenting revolution reach more than FIVE MILLION downloads!
View More Episodes
Episode 200 | If your kids play sports, there are some fundamental values and life lessons they can gain from them. This week Coach Denny Duron joins Dr. Meg Meeker to share his unique journey in sports and the profound impact of instilling values, teaching life lessons, and fostering personal growth in youth sports.
Episode 219 | In our efforts to protect and shield our kids from the pain and discomfort of this world, we inadvertently can make them be more codependent and fearful instead of resilient. Dr. Jonathan DePierro