Parenting Great Kids Podcast - Episode 180
CRT, Sex Ed and Other School Issues
with guest Dr. Carol Swain
Hosted by Dr. Meg Meeker | October 11, 2022 | 35:32 min
Dr. Carol Swain
Dr. Carol Swain is a public speaker, entrepreneur, author, commentator, and former professor at Princeton and Vanderbilt universities. As the author or editor of eleven books, Dr. Swain is reaching the world with critical messages about our times. Her most recent books include Black Eye for America: How Critical Race Theory is Burning Down the House (Co-authored with Dr. Chris Schorr, 2021) and Countercultural Living: What Jesus Has to Say about Life, Marriage, Race, Gender, and Materialism (2021).
Being raised in abject poverty, Dr. Carol Swain pressed on, worked hard, and eventually received five degrees, becoming a professor in prestigious universities across the nation, whose work has been cited by the United States Supreme Court. Her story is one that portrays the true American spirit and dream. In this episode, Dr. Swain engages with Dr. Meg in an eye-opening discussion between two professionals, an African American and a Caucasian, whose conversation shines a fresh perspective on many important topics that our nation is facing today.
Some topics covered:
• How the Civil Rights Movement wasn’t just for black people
• Why CRT is divisive, demeaning to blacks, and a violation of the Civil Rights Act
• What is the birthdate of CRT? What does it argue? What are the effects on our children?
• The importance of good role models (who don’t always look like you)
• How the government is trying to create a dangerous, destructive artificial equality system
• The emphasis on indoctrinated social engineering in schools, rather than on reading, writing, math, history, science
• The differences that Dr. Swain saw in university students after 2012
• Gender dysphoria and sex education in our schools: Critical Queer Theory / Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Training
• Shaming and bullying kids who don’t go along with the narrative / friction and grievances that kids must endure
FROM THE PRODUCER
Thanks for listening to Episode #180, CRT, Sex Education & Other School Issues, and for helping Dr. Meg’s parenting revolution reach more than FIVE MILLION downloads!
View More Episodes
Impossible To Keep Your Kids Off Social Media? Think Again.
Episode 201 | Nate Randle, CEO of Gabb Wireless, shares how to protect our kids from the negative effects of social media through kid-safe tech.
A Look Back at the Best of 200 Episodes
Episode 200 I Dr. Meeker has picked out some of her favorite shows from the past 7 years of podcasting. We will be playing clips of six episodes as we go down memory lane.
Episode 199 | Sarah Moore’s book, Peaceful Discipline: Story Teaching, Brain Science, & Better Behavior helps mitigate adults’ very real struggles, and gives them specific strategies that increase cooperation and connection with the children in their lives.
How to Build Trust Between You and Your Kids
Episode 198 | Dr. Henry Cloud is a clinical psychologist, pastor to pastors, and New York Times best-selling author. His 45 books, including the iconic Boundaries, have sold nearly 15 million copies worldwide.
Trading Our Fears for God’s Unshakeable Peace
Episode 197 | Katie Davis Majors is the bestselling author of Kisses from Katie and Daring to Hope. Katie is the founder of Amazima Ministries, an organization that desires to empower people in Uganda through authentic relationships, education, community strengthening, vocational training, and spiritual disciples
Helping Young Adults Launch
Episode 196 | Bruce Sheridan talks about how he is passionate about helping young adults plan and live an intentional and fulfilling life. Bruce coaches young adults to take responsibility for their relationships with God and their family/friends, what career to pursue and managing their money.